Friday, December 1, 2006

Celebrity Face Recognition

My brother put up on his blog a pretty cool website where you can download a picture of yourself and will receive a number of celebrity faces that resemble you. However, I noticed some kinks: the pictures that come up not only resemble your face, but resembles also your posture: the way you hold your mouth (in a smile or closed, for example), the direction you are looking in, etc. Notice this in these two pictures that I used of myself. Oh, and by the way, by niece has a 80% chance of growing up to look like Brittany Spears!

Notice with this group how they are all looking slightly the same direction and have their mouths closed



Notice here though how they are all smiling. But do I really look like these people?

1 comment:

Darin said...

Yeah, I noticed that same thing. I can't decide if the celebrities are picked because they actually resemble the way you look or just that your features of a certain picture match the features of another. Like the way your mouth is, the way your head is turned, the completion of your skin, the color of your hair (if you have it or not). On mine notice that Thierry Henry has a shaved head like mine and is smiling like me, but does he really look like me? Maybe a little. I also tended to get darker complexed people, probably because of my darker complexion. Very interesting though. Needless to say Louise gets Katie Holmes nearly every time!