Friday, January 5, 2007

Finally, A Day Off

The previous semester has come and gone, with, thankfully, few permanent tragic surprises. I say permanent because I did mistakenly receive an incomplete for one, but it is currently being worked out. I made SURE to Dr. Polansky that those countless hours sitting in front of my computer, flipping hopelessly through the pages of Aristotle's Parva Naturalia, praying that something interesting would come to mind on which I could fill four pages, would not, in the end, go to waste. The papers on the De anima were not as grooling.

And then there was my Magum Opus on Hegel and Ricoeur, for Dr. Rockmore's course, that I will be revising, indeed perhaps hundreds of times, before I submit it for the North American Society for Philosophical Hermeneutics annual conference by June, for the set September date at Villanova University in Philadelphia. I really think I struck something with this paper: implicitly, how the concept of Intentionality is the groundwork for any philosophy of Love. But I have yet to attempt to penetrate Rockmore's impenetrable jargon in the margins of my paper to have a clue as to whether I treated Hegel all that well.

But its finished. And after putting in a massive amount hours keeping PNC Bank's assets secure...hmmm...; some great times with my family--especially my niece and nephew--over Christmas and New Years, even despite the illness, which is now going on a week and a half, I'm about to start another semester. Today is finally a day off with which I hope to take a breather and get some much needed beginning-of-the-year work done on campus. Not too much of a breather in fact, since I will be teaching for part of the Intro to Philosophy course (Basic Philosophical Questions) tomorrow morning.

But times a wastin... Cheers.

No comments: